Replacing Sea Water Impeller on QSD 4.2 Engine
Ron Matuska — Adagio, 34-318
- Remove belt cover, 2 small screws and 2 screws with nuts.
- Be careful not to drop the metal spacers trapped in the rubber grommets.
- Loosen, but do not remove 3 pump pulley bolts.
- Belt tension will usually keep the pulley from turning when you loosen the bolts.
- Remove serpentine belt, inspect and make note belt routing.
- You can use ½ inch breaker bar but properly sized open end wrench will work.
- Remove Pulley.
- Place drip pan under pump to retain coolant.
- Remove 2 water hoses.
- Remove pump from engine, 2 Allen head bolts.
- Remove pump rear cover bolts.
- Replace impeller.
- Note impeller vane direction for reinstallation.
- Reverse order for assembly.